Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

Creatia book one: Three Talons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Write your Owl Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abaila

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Creatia book one: Three Talons Reply with quote

Prologue

A red-orange Barn Owl perched on the branch of a fir tree. He was a god of fire. And among that, he was one of the only beings that knew all life was made of light, none of darkness. Indeed, he was one of the few who knew that true evil was denial of existence, not darkness, as the foolish men had said.
A cloud rose upon the horizon, filled with black squares, neither flat nor full. They were denial of existence, only one who felt evil and good both at once could do so... and soon that one would arise...
The god, Firenuu, took off, not wanting to simply vanish forever among those who denied existence...

Abaila

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter One: The Journey Begins

Ikato flew, tensed, angry. He had been tortured his whole six months. He was going to run away, but where he did not know. Possibly to the Dead Woods, where he would stay, unwanted, his whole life... or to the Eighth Forest where a legend stood... Would he be evil, or would he be good? Right now it mattered not to him. He didn't care. He was insane... And his bright blue eyes glew with a hard glow of hunger... hunger for power... And yet Ikato knew not. He took off, confused as ever. What was happening? He would only know when he stopped flying, a wreck, at the Eight Forest's burrow, hidden, and legendary, in the grove of birch trees...
~*~
"Is he all right?"
"Will he live?"
"Does he have the Igrotta?"
Igrotta was a disease, hard as ever to describe. Ikato woke up, his head spinning, in a moss cot. He was in the ground scrape where legendary owls lived, the Eighth Melody, part of an ancient legend that was indeed true.
"He's up."
A Burrowing Owl stood over Ikato, plucking down from its unnaturally feathery breast. She blinked, her eyes softening. "You took a blow," she laughed quietly. She straitened her face. "However... if you hadn't landed here, you may have possibly died. The guards found you, blood seeping from your head..."
Ikato suddenly perched straight up. He had been nestled in the moss, unaware of what had happened. He now felt the moss bandage wrapped around his head, indenting the feathers that made him appear as he did. "No need to worry, sweets," a plump Pygmy Owl chortled. "Don't get worked up. We may have to treat you even more, then you'll have to rest for at least a month more. You don't want to be served and stuck in the nest until you're ninety!," she joked. Ikato sighed. He was annoyed and amused at the same time, a feeling hard to describe if one's never had this happen.
"How long do I have to stay otherwise?," he asked quietly. "A week," the Burrowing Owl. She grinned, then said," Oh, I forgot to introduce ourselves. I am Fia, and my assistant is Diyuna."
Ikato had to think before he realized Diyuna was named for a soft red-pink flower that grew in the meadow nearby. Must have hit harder than I thought. Ikato began to become hungry. "May i have a vole?," he asked. Diyuna brought him one.

Quickly, the week passed, and Ikato had healed completely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Write your Owl Story All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: