Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

An Owlet's Life Ruined

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Write your Owl Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heiwa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: An Owlet's Life Ruined Reply with quote

Hey! This is my first OFF story I've written so far but i'm kinda doin it slow so sry for the slow posts! i'd really like some comments from u guys if u have any or notes on any thing that needs improvin. Thx and please comment! =)

(Please DON'T comment in this story. Only comment on the 'An Owlet's Life Ruined Comments' forum.)

"Quick! Take cover!" An owlet jumped towards his sister to make her duck down. A loud crash of a tree fell down nearby. The owlet slowly lifted his head to see what had just happened. The war was not what they had expected. It was horrible as owls from his clan and others were fighting each other. Loud screeches and trees that bare nothing fell.
"We need to get out of here quietly ok Liz?" he said to his little sister. His little sister named Liz, only nodded her head. They walked towards the tree that fell down and hid behind it. They hid there silently listening to the horrible sounds that were from behind them. The owlet was worried and didn't know what to do. He realized that his sister was crying silently. Liz looked up at her brother.
"Where is mum and da?" Her brother didn't know how to reply to that either. Just then, an owl with a large, round head and eyes pure black were looking at them from a branch nearby.
"Look what I found..." the owl grinned, "Seems like your being left out, maybe I should make you have some excitement." The owl hooted and went for a dive towards them.
Liz started screaming and her brother told her to hurry and try to fly. They were both still owlets though, they didn't know how to fly yet. *This is not good!* the brother thought in his head. He closed his eyes shut, ready for what was coming. There was a sudden strong force that pulled him. He quickly opened his eyes again to see what was it. He found himself caught in an animal's mouth who was running away from the same owl trying to catch him and his sister.
"Stay still and I won't eat you." a gruff voice spoke out of the mouth he was in. He quietly turned to look for his sister but he then realized he was not with Liz anymore. He saw a brown blur far away and was snatched away from another owl. He cried out as he saw his sister. After that, everything was turned into blackness.

Last edited by Heiwa on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Heiwa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Liz!!" he woke up shocked. Sweat ran down his face as he stared at the ceiling on top of him. He slowly got up and wondered where he was. *Was it a dream? I hope so.*
"Liz, you here?" he yelled out as he stood there, his voice echoed through the dark walls.
"We should get out of here Liz, where are you?" he started getting scared, he had no idea where he was or what this place is.
"Stop yelling, your getting annoying" it was the same gruff voice of the animal he was with before. *This is not real right?* The young owl thought in his head.
"Wh...where am I? Where's my sister?! Who are you?!" he said loudly. He was panicking and shivering all over, he couldn't figure out what exactly happened. The big four legged animal sighed in exhaustion. The animal threw a big chunk of reindeer meat towards him. It was huge and it almost knock down the young owl.
"Eat that and you should be able to think straight after" the animal said and walked off.
"W..wait!" the young owl said hastily. The animal turned his head around, waiting for what he wanted to say. "What's your name?"
"Just call me Rizak" he replied and swung his tail and jumped off the ledge of the rocky stone ground. *Is this what they call a 'cave'?* the owl thought as he teared a bit of the meat and swallowed it whole. *I hope Liz is ok...*
Heiwa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"AHHH!" Liz screamed as a long whip slashed her belly. She was tied to a large rock so she could not escape.
"Where is that other young owl that was with you?" an owl with a scar across his eye stared at her. Liz sat there limb and in pain. Someone entered in the hollow. The owl with the scar turned to see who it was.
"Lieutenant Scoun, it seems like Kornhal has been killed by the wolf as he was chasing after them." a middle aged owl reported and bowed to the lieutenant known as Lieutenant Scoun.
"Very well, send the fifth rank to look for them, make sure they do not approach the wolf on head." The owl only nodded his head, bowed again and flew off. "Darn Rizak..." Lieutenant Scoun muttered to himself, "killing another one of my subordinates" Lizs ear pricked up a bit as she heard him mutter to himself. *Could my brother be with this wolf creature?* she thought as hope sprang up in her gizzard. Lieutenant Scoun turned back to her.
"Now if you tell me where that owl is, we will let you go." he said gently.
"N....no..." Another whip slashed her on the back, she screamed in pain. After a long period of silence, she whispered something very softly.
"Kerchak..."
Heiwa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kerchak?" Rizak asked. Liz's brother nodded his head. "What kind of parent gives you that name?" he said.
"I made the name up myself, actually" Rizak looked at the owl oddly. *What have they done to the owls? Not even have parents to name you...*
"So it is the same for the owl you called out the other day." Rizak said, remembering the other day Kerchak had yelled out his sister's name.
"Yes, she’s my sister but I think she’s in the hands of that owl that chased after us. By the way, who was he? And where’s my sister? Who are you?"
"That owl is dead now and yes they still have your sister held captive. Who am I? I'm a wolf, who else am I? Am I a chicken to you?" Rizak turned his body around to show him.
"B...but why did you save me? Why were you at the war?" Kerchak still had many questions to ask. His mind was filled with questions.
*Will this owl ever shut up?* Rizak thought.
"Get on my back, I'll show you around." Rizak lowered himself to let the young Kerchak climb on.
"When were you hatched? 2 moon cycles ago?" he asked as Kerchak settled on his back.
"I think I'm 2 and a half moon cycles..." Kerchak hadn't learn much of how moon cycles worked and numbers. He only heard from his mum and da, they talked about it sometimes. Rizak hopped off the cliff of the cave and was into the forest. The forest was lively with birds chirping. The sun's light blazed into Kerchak's eyes. He squinted as he looked up and around. This was not the place the war was taken, so where was he?
Rizak seemed to have read his mind and said, "This is Corvalis, the place where you were in was Precelius. There used to be quite a lot of trees there but now it's all burned down by the fire attacks. Other owls are started to call it Precelius Barren apparently."
"So...that was your cave their?" Kerchak pointed back at the cave they came out of.
Rizak chuckled, "Yes, that's my lair" Kerchak cocked his head to a side, "Lair? Isn't it a cave?"
"Yes their about the same." They kept walking as the sun was close to becoming dusk.
"Shouldn't we search for the place my sister is in?" Kerchak said a while later, he was worried about his sister.
"After we meet our gang" Rizak said calmly, his slow steady stroke was what amazed Kerchak the most as he wondered about this weird creature. He never saw anyone like Rizak, having 4 feets on the ground and when they walk, it's steady and balanced. Kerchak then remembered what Rizak had just said to him.
"What gang?" he asked.
"Aha! There they are." Rizak stopped walking and Kerchak looked up ahead of them. Kerchak just stared at what he thought he was looking at. *What is this?...*
Heiwa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right ahead of him and Rizak. The moon illuminated the giant cave and the dozens of 4 legged animals wondering around. Kerchak was speechless, amazed to see so many of them.
"Surprised?" Rizak grinned. "This, is my gang." Kerchak got off Rizak's back and looked around. All the wolves looked strong and prepared.
"Come on, i'll show you the inside of the caves. Have a talk with my elders" he said. Kerchak wanted to say yes but the feeling of his sister not with him made him refuse.
"No, i don't have time for this, I need to go get my sister back." Kerchak said.
"Just relax, your sister can wait a bit longer." Rizak's way of reassuring Kerchak didn't quite get to him.
"You don't understand! My sister's body is weak, i can't leave her like this! We need to help her soon!"
"Well hey! This is my decision on whether we help you or not. You, just need to think about this on your own time! Not mine." Rizak walked away leaving Kerchak behind.
*What am i gonna do?* Kerchak thought.
Heiwa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the end, Kerchak entered into the dark cave that led to the elders of Rizak's clan.

Sure enough, there they were. Gathered together, there was 4 wolves sitting down. They each had the look of a wolf to them with their nostrils pointed out, unlike owls. But there was one extroadinary wolf who looked at Rizak and Kerchak; the one at the far end to the right had brown ruffled fur and one white paw.
"Oh my, to be able to come back after such a risky task. I sure do admire the youths of the young." The wolf that had been staring at them said, after a while.
"Oh please, Gehranth! Don't speak of such things when our little Riz is back from his mission." The female wolf glared at her mate, Gehranth. "And welcome back Riz! Oh! How much i've missed you." She suddenly sensed the presense of another creature and smelled the air, the smell of an owl was nearby.
"Well, not only did Riz come back, he even brought us a guest!"
"Mother, please do not call me Riz, how many times do I have to tell you?" Rizak sighed.
*Things never change in here...*
"Oh nevermind that! What's this young owlet doing here in our territory?" the wolf that Rizak called as 'mother' said.
"Did you have a little change on your appetite in taste Rizak?" Gehranth asked. Rizak's mother gave Gehranth another glare.
"I'm sorry mother, I do not have the time to idle talk with you and father. I need to speak to all 4 of you about our mission. Please take this seriously." Rizak bowed his head down to the 4 wolves that stood before him.
Kerchak was speechless and did not have a word to say to these 4 miraculous wolves. To think he would meet such large creatures other than the foxes that he has always thought to have been the hugest of all creatures.
The other two wolves nodded their heads, they silently approached him and gave Rizak a strange rock tablet. The rock tablet was to concede Rizak to speak out to the 4 elders in a formal meeting.
"Alright, we shall start the meeting immediately." the voice of one of them spoke calmly.

"Let me get right to the point since I do not like stalling time." Rizak said, the others agreed with him. "I'd like to announce a new member into our clan." the 4 of the wolves murmured within their group. Rizak turned to look at the young owlet.

"Our new member of the wolves clan, will be Kerchak."
All 4 of the wolves turned to look at the little owl standing beside Rizak. The young Kerchak looked more puzzled than ever.

"W....w..what?!"
Heiwa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news of Kerchak becoming a part of the wolf clan spread quickly thorough out the whole area. The 4 elders were quite concerned about this request but decided to let it go.
"But I would like to say this, if that owlet were to become a traitor, you are to immediately release his deficient soul." Gehranth whispered to Rizak. Rizak only grunted at his father's disbelief in him.

Walking through the clan's domain was quite uncomfortable for Kerchak for the first few days. All the wolves in the clan have already heard of the news and this has made them all aware of the young owlet as he sat on top of Rizak's back.
"Uh...Rizak...I think it wasn't a good idea for me to have"
"Don't even talk about it already, I have already thoroughly explained to the elders of what advantages we have with you in our clan." Rizak interrupted Kerchak. Kerchak can tell that the wolf was not in a good mood.
Rizak and Kerchak went out hunting in the evening, it was already part of their daily routine as to practice their skills in combat. Kerchak was also in need of some learning in flying. Since he was still an owlet, not all of his flight feather were fully grown. This didn't bother Kerchak, he decided to start early anyways, having Rizak catch him whenever he falls.
"When are we going to take a move?" Kerchak finally broke the silence between them as they were searching for preys. He was flying unstably right above Rizak.
"Not until my old geezer gives the signal." Rizak said. Kerchak churred at Rizak's remark. Rizak turns his head back to see Kerchak who was flying low at a slow speed.
"You're worried about your sister Liz, right?"
"There's no doubt of that! I've been worried since I woke up in your lair!" Kerchak tried to remember the image of Liz. Her face in his mind was started to become unclear; sooner or later he won't be able to remember his little sister's face.
"What am I going to do? I want to do something quick and get her back. The image of her is becoming blurry, I don't think I'll be able to keep this up..." Kerchak wondered off own his own.
"HEY! Watch where you're going" Rizak called to him before the owlet was about to slam right into a tree. Kerchak lost balance again and luckily fell right on top of Rizak's back.
"Thanks" Kerchak said.
They continued on until it became very dark. They headed back to their clan's territory.
Heiwa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few hours after all the wolves had fallen asleep, Kerchak snuck out of the cave to test his flight abilities. It was only natural for an owl to be out and about at night. In addition, his occular vision becomes clearer and the silence of the night attracts him towards faint heart beats of different creatures of the dark. But in particle, there was one heart pulse rhythm that came to his ears more distinct than any of the others. The sound of its pulse beating so rapidly, it gave Kerchak the chills. He slowly flapped his infant wings and rose into the air, diligently trying to soar above the small air drafts silently towards the unusually fast heartbeat. Suddenly, he heard the pulse of the creature quicken and it's pulse slowly disappeared.
"HAHAHAH you lost to a mouse!"
Kerchak yelped in surprise from the sudden outburst laugh from the creature below him.
"Oh...it was you Rizak..." Kerchak rolled his eyes. "You don't mind me taking a rest on your back do you?" he lowered himself downwards and landed firmly on the wolf's warm back.
"I don't know how I'm ever going to get my sleep if I have to keep a vigil eye on you." Rizak sighed. Kerchak churred, something he hasn't done in a very long time and it certainly brought him worries. Rizak noticed the change.
"I can't believe I let my feelings overtake me just now. I should be concerning myself with trying to get my sister back moreover than laughing freely." Kerchak drilled this into his head as Rizak carried him back.
"You know Kerchak, a young owlet like you shouldn't be experiencing this war and innocently getting involved in it. You should be having a life of adventure and excitement, having fights with your sibling and playing pranks on your parents."
"That sounds so unlike you"
"..."
"Could it be that you were like that?"
"No, my siblings were too sincere to have fits with me"
Kerchak stopped his questionings to wonder if Rizak had mistakenly used the word "were" instead of "are".
"Are they not in the area right now?"
Rizak stopped in his pace and stood there.
"Rizak?"
He slowly turned his head towards the owlet with a crisp sharp look in his eyes.
"I killed them all. Every last one of them..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Write your Owl Story All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: