Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

Topic starters?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Suggestions & Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluesky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Topic starters? Reply with quote

I've been browsing the forums( It's international browse the forums day 8D) an what I notice is that most topics have all of 10 words to start a topic. I think It should be at least 30 words to start a topic. It gives us something to build on. so instead of this...

Quote:
I like pie! what is your favorite food?

You could at least say

Quote:
What is your favorite food? mine, is pie. Why not? It's so sweet and rich! it makes a great dessert! What about you? what is your favorite food?

yes, I know that is not 30 words... (that is very hypocritical i know...) but like that. more information. you may say... "But bluey, what if you put ti later in the topic! why you like it and stuff!" well, that is an alternative, but I find it better that all the information of the topic is in the starting post. I would like to know your opinion on this.

click them please!
>_Mikey_<

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how this could be that useful...the people that make little topics are never really here anyways. No one's spamming with little posts like "yes", "no", or "i agree" anymore.
Optimus Nyra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually write fairly large introductions on other forums I'm on, but I haven't made a worthwhile topic here in quite a while.
dragowl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that starting a topic with only a few words is sometimes the best way to do so.
/), ,) O Rly?
-"-"-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Suggestions & Questions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: