Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

The Nemesis : Journey Through the Owl Kingdoms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Write your Owl Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: The Nemesis : Journey Through the Owl Kingdoms Reply with quote

((A/N: The Nemesis is a Star Ship of rejects and sycopaths. It sails from Universe to Universe to save planets and the alternate realities of them alike from the evil of the multiverse. Captain of this vesil is Captain Tara Kitaide. Accompanying her are her friends and allies, many from alternate realities themselves. Her Commander Abarai Renji, Medical Officer Brianna Fawks, Lt. Medical Officer Carmen Carrington, Communications Officer Kira Covin, Engineering Officer Brittney Barney, First Science Officer Alane Haley, Second Science Officer Rorschach (Walter Kovacs), and Chief Security Officer Deadpool (Wade Wilson) accompany her on their latest mission through the newly discovered universe of the Guardians of Ga'Hoole where they hope to recruit warrior owls for their comming war with the Borg.

This first part here is nothing but a prelude to the crews times in the owl kingdoms. Please be so kind as to review and if you notice spelling/grammer/english mistakes, please inform me! All of this is done without the aid of spell check.

Aditionally, anyone wanting to join the Nemesis is welcome to. :)
Our only rule is no PDA and avoid going in holodeck 4.
General Grevious lives there.

Live long and Prosper!))

As a Starship captain, I'm usually ashamed to admit weakness though one of my obvious and biggest ones has always been a susceptibility to pain. I have a weak immune system and a weaker stomach but the worst of it was always the pain. Even just a playful tap on the shoulder from Renji would bring on the horrible feeling in waves and waves.

And Right now I was in a hell of a lot of it; trapped on a sinking dingy getting tossed between said metaphorical waves.

"Captain? Are you okay?" Tony's voice was barely audible over the blood pounding in my ears and if I hadn't been indisposed, I would have punched him.

Of course I wasn't okay. I had tubes shoved down my throat, crud in my eyes, and blue gunk being pumped through my veins in one arm while my blood was being drained out the other. I was naked, my muscles were sore, and I had the worst headache of my life. The whole engineering department could see me in my most vulnerable shape and he was asking if I was okay.

I couldn't talk around the tubes in my stomach and lungs so I nodded as best I could and gave a weak thumbs up. The IV in my right hand tugged slightly in a very uncomfortable way. It reminded me of a time I went to the hospital and my mom bumped the needle in my hand. Except this time there was noone here to make it okay. I gritted my teeth around the invading plastic and chicked down the sobs.

The things I do for science...

When Tony first came to my ready room with the plan I was estatic. Then again I had no idea that entering the owl kingdoms would require this. The technology already existed from the Pandora universe of Avatar, all it took was tweaking it a little. That wasn't hard when you were Tony Stark and the Avatar was a simple owl. "I can make it work but it may be a little... uncomfortable." Stark had a gift for understatement.

What I had been expecting was exactly what I'd seen from the Pandora-verse; a connection box that looks like a Tanning Bed that would instanly teleport me into the mind of my Owl Avatar. What I got was an icebox that looked like a coffin and required tones of pinches and pokes and (as I've mentioned) tubes.

The first part was the florecent blue goop. It was so beautiful and exotic when I had first seen it. The color was like that of the purest seas and reminded me of the deepest blues found in the atmosphere of earth. I couldn't possibly fathom what it was for until it was running through me.

"We have to make sure your body will still work when you get back to it. It's a lot like cryogenics." Tony was smiling as he spoke as if I was really interested in this crap. "The tubes will help you breath and constantly pump nutrients into your stomach so your body won't starve."

"My body could stand to starve." I had said jokingly.

Tony knew well enough not to comment.

The yellow drops in my eyes had made blinking harder untill I couldn't open my eyes at all ("So you wont go blind." He had said. "Don't worry, relax." Easy for him to say) but the worst part of this whole ordeal was my lack of clothing. I could think of no other reason to be nude in this situation other then to completely mortify myself but Stark had insisted it was for good reason. I could have gone through this crap just as easily with my undies on.

"Alright, we're going to start the transfer process now, Captain." Stark turned some modules on the side of my cold metal prison and gave me one last reassuring smile that I couldn't see as the lid came down. "Try to clear your mind or concentrate on something. Whatever it helps to get you through this." Swoosh. The glass came down and I was sealed in with the cold and discomfort.

"I don't know about this." I wanted to groan, to cry, but it was no use now. I was sealed in. 'Relax.' My mind played the word over and over but it was no use. 'Think of something. Anything.' Of course my mind went to the one person it always does in time of struggle.

'Rorschach.'

I was glad he couldn't see this. Knowing him, it would make him back out of the mission and there was nothing I wanted to see more when I opened my eyes, owl eyes or not, then him.

I chuckled faintly as I imagined him punching Tony for ordering him to get naked.

And then the air is being sucked from my confinement and I'm vaguely aware that I'm being flash frozen untill...

Darkness.
Ammeg of Kiel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: A.o.K. Reply with quote

((Can I join?))

Companion Gemma

I was ordered next into the weird coffin. It looked like horror to me. When I was put in, I asked for on thing, to be made into a Snowy. My love of owls would always get me in trouble, but this time I wouldn't. I remembered when I was but twelve, and the Nemesis was recruiting children! They were to be companions for the morkers. I was chosen for the captain. I remember the day I brought a Snowy owl into the captains room. I was put into the holding room for three hours! I still am twelve but no one reall cares. Thinking about this relaxed me, and I slowly drifted off....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((This isn't a collab Confused
It's her story, not RP/collab.))

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Oh, Reply with quote

Oh, well it says for anyone who wants to join... Confused

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((lol Sorry, Ammeg. I should have specified. Anyone can join the Nemesis crew but if you want me to start a Nemesis based Role Play that wouldn't be a problem.

For example, my friend Brianna is a real life friend of mine who joined the Nemesis as the Chief Medical Officer and who eventually comes to marry V from V for Vendetta. Once you become a member of the Nemesis you can add any pre-existing character you want and as soon as this chronical is done being written, there will be a section of the ship specifically for Owls (Just as there is a section of the ship set aside for Transformers or Cybertronian Life Forms).

I'm sorry for the confusuion! Message me if you have any questions or want to be added in an upcoming Nemesis story.

Our current enemy is the Borg which you might already know is from Star Trek TNG.

Live long and prosper!))
Ammeg of Kiel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: A.o.K. Reply with quote

I think you should copy and paste your first post in the collab area, then I'll copy and paste mine! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, bud, but this isn't a collab piece.
Ammeg of Kiel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: A.o.K. Reply with quote

Now I'm confused. So, you're doing this alone? I thought you were allowng people in... Confused *facepalms*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xD I'll send you a pm about it.
Ammeg of Kiel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: A.o.K. Reply with quote

Okay, so I can write with you? Continuing on just in case.

I woke up on a slab of ice. Taking the leather bag that Tony had given me, I took out the map. By looking around and seeing the other big peices of ice, I figured out that we were on a place called the Ice Dagger. I turned to the captain and said, "Cap'n, we're on a place called the Ice Dagger. We, ugh, sort of have a problem. We haven't learned to fly and we're in the middle of the ocean!" I paced, and then I noticed my wings. They were a beautiful white, splattered with black dots. I was put in avanced placement in the ship's classes, so I knew how to get out of most predicaments, but this was too much. I looked around a perched on a small perch of ice and sighed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ammeg, I think what she is trying to say...

THIS IS HER BOOK.
It is not a collab. It is her solo writing. I don't know what she means by you can be a character, but she will PM you about it.

Don't respond until you know exactly what she means and you have confirmed this with her.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: A.o.K. Reply with quote

Umm... Gwen, we already talked about it in PM! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Write your Owl Story All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: