Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

Shade the Black Barn Owl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Write your Owl Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elf1015

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Shade the Black Barn Owl Reply with quote

Shade flew into the night, pinpointing prey....he spotted a vole nearby. He went into a killing dive and catched the vole in his talons. He atlighted on a branch and swallowed the vole whole. "First prey I had in days." he muttered. Prey was scarse where he lived with his flock. Even mice where hard to catch. "Owlets!" He heards the mothers calling their owlets back from hunting. Shade flew using an air current and quickly came to the nesting tree where they lived. He alighted on the branch near the hollow where the parnets are. He saw his rival, Koonihc, alighting where his parnets were. ~Lucky.~ he thought. ~You have both your parnets.~ Shade never really knew his father, because just before his hatching, he dissappeared, without a trace. "Shade...." He heard his mum calling him and flew off to his hollow......

(I made this cause' I was bored. Cute Owl )

Very Happy
Elf1015

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next night would have to be the most horrible in Shade's life. The elders taunted him, saying that he was a hagsfiend and wanted to banish him from the flock, but the queen didn't think this. Her name was Adeirf. She saw that there was no hag blood in Shade's veins, but a true sublime light that slowly grows stronger. "Come with me Shade." she said as she took him to the roots of their tree and into a chamber. Shade widened his eyes in awe. There he saw hundreds of scrolls, all documents from the past. But one in particular both touched and frightened him: The Coming of Hoole. "Your highness, I don't understand. Why are you showing him this?" The Queen sighed. "I trust you. And just by lookning at you I know you have a gizzard full of light. You just have to find it." She flew away....

Very Happy
Elf1015

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shade didn't know what she meant. But just before he left this chamber, he found a scroll in the back of the chamber. He opened it and to his surprise it was blank! "But how?" he wondered aloud. He flew back into the queen's chamber. But then, the queen's chief advisor, Midnight flew into the room wilfing. "Your highness your highness!!!" she panted. "It's the crows! IT'S THE CROWS!" Shade wilfted.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Write your Owl Story All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: