Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

An Owls adventure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Write your Owl Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bellis Wingclaw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: An Owls adventure. Reply with quote

To hagsmire with it!!! Im going to start posting what iv bin writing Im not very shy but when it comes to writing I am
If you like what i post cool, If you don't well that's cool to.
its a open ended plot I guess Razz

Im new at this Confused so don't kill me, If you do want to kill me make it slow, do your worst . Blink

He is a young masked owl not too far beyond (fledging). A rogue smith by nature that works more with glass then metals. He runs an abandoned forge at the point where the border's of the Forest Kingdom of Tyto, the Desert of Kuneer and the Forest Kingdom of Ambala meet. He plane's to make a winter forge soon.He travels to the two Kingdom's and desert allot to hunt for material's for his forge may it be coal for the fire, sand for glass or metals for some odd thing or design that pop's into his head, running the forge its the only thing he knows what to do' it's like it come's to him naturally. Sometimes he thank's to his self "Is this what my da did?... was he a rogue smith like me? Is he still alive?" soon after those questions pass forum his head he will cry... Cry for hours and hours on end, you see His parents disappeared forum the hollow before he hatched. The only thing left in the old hollow was one old nest and two old mice, (an odd design on the wall) and no smell, The smell that an owlet love's the most, The same smell that will stay's with an owlet threw out its life....The smell of his Parents... he dos not know if his parents orphaned him or, if they were slain by an unspeakable evil, The only thing he has now is his forge, not the love of a mum, cooing over her owlet, nor the love of a Da telling his owlet story's of old legends and heroes, Tales of Love and Hatred, of Peace and War, of Nobility and Treachery.The legends that truly make better owls of us....

Our unnamed Owl, flying back from the Desert of Kuneer to his forge With a metal bucket he fond not too far from the old forge. In that bucket is Desert sand that soon will be melted down to make a glass Desert flower he seen in the desert. Flying along He can see the dome shape of the forge in the distant's as he came closer he can see all the details of the stone dome. all the crack's and how they made design's as they criss-cross and over-lapped. Lazily flying along looking at the dome, he noticed something move behind the forge, unsure of his self he placed the bucket down not to far from the forge and landed beside it. not moving he eyed the stoney dome trying to pick up a sound, finally a heart beat. as he turned and opened his wing's to fly away he posed and though "no its my forge I need to stay and protect what I love" Folding his wings he turned back around facing the domed forge slowly hopping to the side of the forge opening his wing's and with one powerful down stroke he landed on top of the dome and peered over the side to see hu or what it was. looking over the side he saw it... or her, it was a young female snowy! spying on her she turned her head to look at hem "I know your up there" said the snowy with a smirk. In shock, the young forge owl lost his grip on the stone dome and fell. he hit the ground right in front of the snowy. embarrassed he pushed his self up with his wings. up straight again he colt her eyes and he embarrassedly turned away to hide his emotions. "It's ok," said the snowy with a smile "I get embarrassed sometimes to" turning his head back to look at the snowy, he was surprised wen he saw that the snowy had a big smile on her face "that's better...What's your name" said the snowy with a bright smile in her face. Feeling embarrassed again he look at the ground and shifted back and forth on his tallen. "I.....i....., I do not have a name!! he said with a bust still looking at the ground. The snowy looking at him smiling is shy often did, she placed her right wing on his head "well thin" she said with a smile "You need a name" The forge owl looked up, her wing still on his head. the snowy seemed to be thinking heavily looking to her left." A no, B yes, now let's see branch no, bin no, Benjelo no way.....Bellis yes! Bellis that's good" she turned and smiling at him "your first name is Bellies now for your second name" she said. He tried to say something, but she shushed him. thanking heavily again looking up this time then she looked at him and said with a smile "Wingclaw, your name is Bellis Wingclaw
"Bellis looked like he was about to fall over he was about to say something but sann spoke before he could
" Oh I forgot, my name is Sann"
"Sand "
"not sand, it's sann"
"no, my sand, I left it back there"
"I need to get it be for it rains. " Bellis said as he hoped off to the bucket of sand.
He jumped on to it and flu to the forge and entered it, Sann followed him in for it stated to rain
inside bellis set the bucket beside the coal storage
"how did you know it was going to rain?" sann asked
"I heard it coming"
"wow I keep forgetting how good a Tyto's hearing is"
"Tyto? Is that what I am?"
"yes a Tyto-castanops I thank"
"your a masked owl " sann said as she started to look around the cave
"it looks like you fixed the place up some"
"you mean you've ben hear be for"
"yes when the last owl rund it, my da had him make a helmet
he wold say the best battle helmet's came forum rogue smithy's"
"what kind of owl was the rogue smith?" asked Bellis thinking maybe it was his da.
"A barred owl, Bellis can I stay here with you"
Bellis was shocked he did not know what to say and sann could sense that so she continued.
"the hollow I lived in when I was an owlet is gone and I do not know anyone here I can stay with"
"ye...yes you can. there is a nest and perch in the back away forum the heat"
" Tank you so much I did not know what I was going to do" sann said about to cry
"let's get some rest its soon to be first light"
"you can take my nest, its the only one that still had moss in it"
"are you sure about that? will you sleep?"
"yes its ok, if I can fall asleep on that anvil in there
I thank I can fall asleep in a old nest" Bellis said as he
began to start churring uncontrollably.
"You actually fell asleep on that thing?" sann said doubtfully
"Yep, I was flying back frum Kuneer when a bad storm hit me"
"when I gat back here it was morning, I had lost all my coal, and I was soaking wet and starving"
"the only thing i remember is climbing into my nest, but wen i awoke i was laying on my anvil" Bellis said as he made his way to the old nest. as soon as Bellis was in the nest he was fast asleep
leving sann to thank to her self "I need to report back to Ga'Hoole soon "

Last edited by Bellis Wingclaw on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:01 pm; edited 6 times in total
Bellis Wingclaw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Bellis Wingclaw on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bellis Wingclaw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sann was sent from Ga'Hoole to find out if a new rogue smith had been running the old barred owl's forge and to see if he would be a good slipgizzard, The last owl to run the forge had been the
Guardians of Ga'Hoole's best slipgizzard but he had met his match with an unspeakable evil.
Now with no slipgizzard to post at the forge Ga'Hoole has no info coming in from the lower Owl Kingdom's.

Sann had stayed with Bellis for a week and a half now, getting to know him better as each day past.
Bellis had gone out to trade with a magpie that he knows that well by his glass nick nacks, Bellis had asked sann to go with, but she said no. "ok then, I'll bring you back something" Bellis said smiling as he hops out the forge.
"no he is not the next slipgizzard, He is my friend and I can't leave him here...I need to get back to Ga'Hoole I need to see the King and Queen of Hoole" Sann thinking to herself.

When Bellis got back frum the local magpie trader Sann had met him at the entrance of the forge,
Sann looking Him dead in the eye's.
"Sann what's wrong? " Bellis said perplexed.
"I need to go Bellis" She posed to thank of what to say " I need to go and check on an old friend" Sann lyingly said.
It panes Sann to have to lie to Bellis
"I can come with yo" Sann cut Bellis off
"No, I thank he may be close to death"
'Oh! I see"
"I will be gone for three or four nights. " Sann said as she ready's herself for take off

As Sann flys off into the distant Bellis looks into his bucket and pulls out a long red silk scarf that he traded all his glass work for.

"May warm winds find you
And the darkness of night hide you" (Wingclaw)

*NEW* I have a Discord app server named Lazy Owls, If any one wants in pm me...

Last edited by Bellis Wingclaw on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bellis Wingclaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside some way's away from the forge in an old dead tree perched A mid-aged owl for a long time this owl has been keeping an eye on the forge and the Tyto that has been running it.
" I have big plans for you Tyto, It looks like I may have an opening soon when that impure one leaves"
The owl said out loud he had been listening to the Tyto and the impure one for some time now.
He has been waiting for a chance to git at the Tyto for a week now.

Just then he notist the impure one flown off " hehe Now my plan can comments lets see if this Tyto
will make a good pure one" said the owl.

For three days, Wingclaw working in his forge has had no sleep, no rest, no food, possessed working madly to reach an unseen deadline. Set by an unseen watcher, Hammering can be heard ringing from the stone forge as hammer strikes metal not knowing what he's doing or making, not knowing he is working. he hammer's metal as black as night shaping it on the blunt end of the anvil, in his possessed state then, he drops the metal in a bucket that sizzle shortly for the metal was not that hot. Wingclaw dipped his talons into the bucket pulling out the metal. A metal helmet, it has a roll of spikes that run up the back of the helmet to the top and on the beak guard a sharp razor-like blade. Finish he takes the Helmet to the entrance, please it just outside of the stone forge and heads back inside and turns to look at the Helmet for a minute. Then after three days he slips out from his possessed state, Dazed and confused he looks around trying to get a grip on his self and where he was at. Looking around He spots the helmet. looking at it thinking to his self "did I make that? I've never made a battle helmet be for!" just then a big owl landed beside the helmet, back facing the forge. picking up the helmet and placing it on his head. the battle worn owl standing on a pair of orange, almost glowing razor sharp battle claw's turned his head all the way around and looked at Wingclaw. Wingclaw's gizzard melted, for that owl's eye's were glowing red from the light of the forge "Thank you for making this battle helmet and giving it to me for free.... I know that you are in no shape to fight me and if you did you would be dead before you could ever touch me, you may make a good pure one, but we'll have to wait an see, Right? ". . exhaustion and starvation creeping up on Wingclaw feeling dizzy he fainted. when he awoke he was in the back room of the forge where he has an old perch and nest, looking around he colt the eyes of his friend sann the snowy owl at the other side of the room. she had fond him not to long after he fainted.
" You have been out for four days Bellis"
"did anyone attack you? I didn't see anywhere that you may have been hurt or see anything stolen"sann said.
" No, exhaustion I fainted I thank "
"exhaustion? fainted?!! "sann asked.
"Yes I think I have been controlled somehow by an evil owl"
"controlled!" sann exploded "by an owl?"
"yes, to make a battle helmet"
"And I had never made a battle helmet before"
"I don't even know how to make one. that's why I think I was being controlled"
"How long do you think it took you to make it?"sann asked.

Bellis stands up forum the nest and hopped over to the door that separates the forge forum the sleeping quarter's.
" Tree, Maybe for day's " Bellis said looking out the door into the forge, All the fires had long ago died. "A lot of work went into it"
He posed for a minute, Sann could sense that he was getting upset.
"I think he will be back..... Sann right after I gained control of myself I saw the owl, and his eye's were glowing red " it looked like he began to shrink

"That's it you're coming back with me to Ga'Hoole"
"Ga'What?" blurted Bellis
Sann had turned into a flying streak bounding all over the forge and sleeping quarter's gathering up all her stuff and putting them in a botkin
"Ga'Hoole it's an island in the sea of Hoolemere" She landed in front of him and placed a botkin on the ground
"Hear pack your stuff in this and pack light, only the stuff you can't live without, like some of the forge tools you made"
"Oh and its day time we leave at first black"

It did not take Bellis long to pack and now they were outside for it was first black.
"will we come back?" Bellis asked looking back at the old cave-like forge.
"No!" sann said looking out into the night.
"At Ga'Hoole there is a master Blacksmith named Bubo" sann said smiling at him
" Bubo would love to teach you all he know's" Bellis had swollen up with excitement
"Will let's go then!"Bellis said.
sann and Bellis took off into the night and never looked back.

By morning, they had reached the edge of Hoolemere the sea that protects the island of Hoole.
they had perched in a palm tree that had fascinated Bellis,
Sann began to feel sad for Bellis, He had been an orphan and had no Da to tell his owlet story's of old legends and heroes of Ga'Hoole. Sann, on the other hand, did and could remember the first time she stood at the edge of the sea of Hoolemere and had been so excited for she knew what waited across the sea.
"Bellis well rest some hear."
"What? sorry I was looking at that leaf"
" Never seen one like it be for. " Bellis said.
" This, Bellis, is a palm tree, they grow near the sea and oceans where the sand is soft"
"We will rest here till midday thin leave out for Ga'Hoole, we should be there by..." Bellis cut her off
"What about crow's?! it's not safe"
"HA!!" hooted sann " Those bags of wet poop are too afraid to go near a lake more or less the sea, were safer here thin we were at your forge even without that pure one" Sann said then flew into the sky flying this way and that, dancing off the clouds and chasing the rays of sunlight.
Bellis's gizzard gave flinch as he seen the morning sun shine off Sann's all white wings.
"wow, she's beautiful." Bellis thought. sann landed beside him
"see no crow's. " said sann with a bright smile.

"May warm winds find you

Last edited by Bellis Wingclaw on Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bellis Wingclaw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* I scratched this out not to long ago, I may edit it later or take it out
I've been discharged, depressed, blocked up, lock out, in a slump, down the drain. in the gutter.
so my writing is taking a big hit from it Whatever.*

"Bellis what is that" sann said pointing a talon at a the metal bucket

"You know what that is sann, That would be my coal bucket, but right now it's my kit "

" No,I mean what is that long thing in it"

"Oh its my rock hammer" Bellis said as he grabbed the long handle and pull out the hammer and held it up to Sann

"it's one of my tools i use to mind for metals"
"I told you to pack light"
"yes but its a tools. it helps me splet rocks in too or crush them"
" it's deadly against an enemy to " bellis said looking at the end of the handle closest to the head of the hammer,
Sann looked at a spot where she thought Bellis was looking at and seen spots of old blood then looked up at Bellis huw was still looking at the blood

"It was the first time I had ever killed something that was not food,
I was working on a oar vane on the side of a cliff that i hooped had metal in it
When a great gray came at me out of no-where I already had my hammer in my grasp so I flung myself into the air and did a front flip and let the hammer slam the great gray before he could get to me,
it hit him so hard that it snapped him into like a twig, even tho he attacked me I felt bad so i buried him there on the cliff in the oar vane I had been mining and never went back"

After Bellis finished his story he did not say anything for the rest of the day unteal they left at midday for Ga'Hoole

Whatever

"May warm winds find you

Bellis Wingclaw

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flight over the sea of Hoolemere was calm, the moon had aredy started to rise in to the sky.

Is not to much longer Bellis, In an half hour we shuld soon be abole to see the lsiand of Hoole...........

"May warm winds find you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Write your Owl Story All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: