The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index The Owl Pages Forum
Discussion about Owls

Recent PostsRecent Posts   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Symbolism
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index -> Mythology, Culture & Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
natalia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies and welcome Smile That is ok if you do not anything about symbolism. I need a personal opinion. The less you know, the better, as it will be really YOUR opinion then Very Happy
nightowl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

centuries ago when I was a kid, I was always fascinated by them, now I find them to be a link for my personal strength & wisdom with life.
natalia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, sorry for disappearing. I was very busy before Christmas, then kinda forgot my promise. Here is my article about owl symbolism. Curious to see what you think of it...

Who else wants to have a bewitching look?

And who does not? At least some times? There always comes a moment when you dream of an enigmatic look with a veil of mystery around you. Maybe on a starry romantic night that promises love? Maybe you need to remind your husband that you are still the same adventures beauty he has met once? Or you just want something different and are trying to discover a new look for yourself? All that can be done in an easy and comfortable way.

You need to believe in your confidence from your heart. You need to feel that you look serene, proud, yet mysterious. You know a secret, but are not in a hurry to give it away. These feelings should be real for other people to feel the same about you. Let them see the wisdom and greatnes of the Universe reflected in your eyes.

I questioned my internet friends about a symbolic meaning of owl. Here are their ideas.

Gala from Germany and Albina from Ukraine thinks that it is wisdom, tranquility, discretion and a proper pride in its look

Rina from Russia thinks that an owl minds its own business. It is different from anybody, but it is very comfortable with itself. It is proud and allows to respect itself. Yet it looks domestic and warm.

Irina from Latvia thinks that it is wise and calm.

Ira from Russia thinks that an owl is a simbol of wisedom and long life.

Angelika from Ukraine thinks an owl is as mysterious as night. You can see its secrets only if you have an alert heart. It can see with its profound eyes if you do things right. But it won't give you an answer. You have to discover it yourself. Then look into its eyes again, and maybe it will give you a sign that Universe agrees with your progress. If not, take your time and try again...

What a mysterious bird! Why people have such an impression of it? Maybe the big eyes give it to her? Maybe her calm an proud behaviour that comes from knowlege of what is happening around? Or unusual for other birds habits of night life?

Deffenitely all of the above. An owl is a symbol of night, magic and wisdom. Do you know why? This is because the owl can see what others can not, that is the essence of true wisdom. Where others are deceived, owl sees and knows what is there.

It is different from anybody else. So you are! We all are different from each other in our special way. Just keep remind this to yourself. You are unique, exclusive and stylish. Show that you are proud of it! Let others dicover your originality and be bewiched by your self-confidence. And a small symbol of wisdom and mystery will help your charms.

-------------------

Hope you have a great weekend
nightowl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Natalia, you have written it prefectly Smile
Why aren't we all like that wise old bird?
eurasian eagleowl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In cartoons and tales for kids owls are presented as a judging, teaching and wise animal. It is defently funny see owls wearing glasses and wig Laughing Laughing I think that old people and owls have lot of similar look; I mean old people has same kind of "fierce/ observe" look like owls or should I say "wise" and there`s said that old people has lots of knowledge and they should have respect. Isn`t that same about owls in myths/ tales.
mark520

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first became interested in owls at the university, the Big Horn owl sitting on telephone lines outside the window of my dormitory. He / she came to me almost every night throughout the sophomore year. I almost fell out of my third story window hooting back. I named him count. After that, I began to study the owl, visit them at the zoo, etc. Are there any owls around me, but I'm sure that if I drove 20 minutes from my house to sit patiently, I might be lucky enough to see
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index -> Mythology, Culture & Entertainment All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: