The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index The Owl Pages Forum
Discussion about Owls

Recent PostsRecent Posts   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
barred owl accident.. I need help please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index -> Owl Rescue & Rehabilitation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ineedhelpplease

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: barred owl accident.. I need help please! Reply with quote

I was driving home last night after work and it was like 5 minutes before sunset, so it was almost dark outside. It had just recently snowed here in Kentucky and there are little piles of snow on the side of the road from scraping. While I was driving I seen what looked exactly like a little snow pile on the side of the road and about 15 feet away driving about 40 mph it literally walked right out in front of me before I realized what it was. I locked up the brakes and swerved to miss it with my tires (to straddle over the bird) and I think it's head hit the bumper of my car as he went underneath the center of the car. I stopped to check on it, it's feet were moving a little and I could feel it breathing. I brought it home to help take care of it so it didn't die and it's head layed limp on the way home, about 7:30 pm sat March 5. I layed it on the porch to see if it would come to from being knocked silly and it evenly got up and stood up. I dug up grubs and large beetle insects to feed it, put a little bowl of water with it. The bird didn't eat or drink or move all night up until noon on Sunday. I got some big gloves on around noon and took it out in the woods (right next to my house) and went to turn it loose, it flew about 75 yards and then landing and fell face first. I picked him back up and set him on a big tree branch in the woods. I went out there a few minutes ago and he was still there, hasn't moved and inch, it's 12 am Monday morning/ Sunday night. I've called every vet within a 1 hr radius of me and none of then take the birds. They keep telling me to put it back where you hit it and leave it. I don't want it to die, is there anything i can do? BTW where I hit the bird initially, to where it is now (woods beside my house) is about 700 yards (bird eye view) from where I live.. any input or answers would be very much appreciatedď
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index -> Owl Rescue & Rehabilitation All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: